i don't think the rsync scale issues surprise anyone that was paying attention.
 If we're already considering new architectures, substrates, et al., here
perhaps we shouldn't be so quick on the trigger for Standards Track work and
move this and related "investigation" to the IRTF, or at least ensure they're
only Experimental until broader experience is gained.

Looking at the charts you presented I can only imagine what will happen with
40K RPs and >1M objects (which might be a reasonable assumption if this were
fully deployed today - and that's only focusing on routed number resources).

-danny