Fair enough, Marshall. I stand corrected. Thanks for the common-sense reply. I suppose what I should have said is that the substance must have a toxicity that is not so great that it must be excluded from consumer products that may be partially ingested.

It's pretty troubling to me that a tube of toothpaste could kill a person, though. I don't use the stuff at all and my oral hygiene has improved greatly since I quit using it.