I've mentioned this before that I've spent considerable time and some money tracking the sources of claims like this. As far as i could determine this one originates from experiments on rats in the mid 80's. Rats were fed VERY HIGH doses of silver nitrate until they started to exhibit cranky behaviour. It took about 145 days as I recall. I don't think the rats ever suffered from seizures but the scientists theorized that continuing the experiment MIGHT have lead to seizures, just as exposure to some genuinely toxic metals might cause seizures. But they also concluded that the experiments didn't have much to do with real human intake because the dosages were vastly more than a human would consume. (Anyway, the general health of 'the blue man' would seem to put a lie to any suggestion that CS can cause anything other than cosmetic problems).

Another popular list of colloidal silver dangers includes 'fever, chills, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle aches, and joint pains.' This list exists because someone theorized that inhaling or ingesting silver MIGHT cause the same symptoms as 'Metal Fume Fever' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever. Metal fume fever is most often caused by inhaling lungfulls of fumes while welding zinc coated (galvanised) steel.

(I'm not making this up. Metal Fume Fever is actually listed as a possible CS danger in the Natural Medicines Database. The NACCM uses that database as one of its major references. http://nccam.nih.gov/ health/alerts/silver/)

Basically, all the life threatening dangers that CS supposedly can cause are unproven theories. Colloidal silver is simply 'guilty by association'. (Mercury and lead are toxic right? They are metals right? Silver is a metal right? So silver must be toxic too right?)

When you really try to track down hard evidence for any of these claims you find that the trail just fizzles out. Or at best, at the end of the trail, you'll just find a 'theory'.

Don't be fooled into thinking that, just because someone gives a reference for their claim, that the reference contains original research that actually proves anything! Usually that reference just leads to another reference, that leads to another reference, etc, etc.

Regarding silver and cancer, the biggest and most thorough report I found was from the US Environmental Protection Agency Risk Information System. It was about 150 pages long and investigated silver usage and exposure in the REAL world. (You can find it on the net)

(I quote..)
"There are no medical reports of silver of any kind causing cancer in humans, either by ingestion, inhalation, injection, or contact. "No evidence of cancer in humans has been reported despite frequent therapeutic use of the compound over the years.".... "They concluded that finely divided silver powder injected i.m. does not induce cancer." .... "Further support for the lack of silver's ability to induce or promote cancer stems from the finding that, despite long standing and frequent therapeutic usage in humans, there are no reports of cancer associated with silver." ....
"Silver nitrate was considered nonmutagenic in this assay." ....
"Silver chloride was considered nonmutagenic in this assay.".....
"Silver was not included as a metal of carcinogenic concern.".
(End of quote)

Regards
David