So long as you use pure silver and pure water, there are no photo-reactive compounds made and you can run batches in direct sunlight...and... use a strip of black tape or some paint
 to make the sun stir it.

Ode

At 04:18 PM 2/27/2010 +0000, you wrote:
I have a Silver Puppy and I *always* brew in the light and I always get clear CS! The Colloid Master sounds a bit complicated for me - I don't get any crud (or at least, not enough to mention.) dee

On 26 Feb 2010, at 20:50, Pat wrote:

> My Colloid Master AC has a green light that goes on and off while brewing, then turns off totally when it's finished. The red light stays on to indicate it has power plugged in (although I think it goes on and off, too during brewing.) Sometimes it takes 12 hours or more. I keep it in the dining room, so don't look at it often. It leaves quite a bit of crud on the bottom of my jars. The CS is clear as long as I don't go above 5.5. The worst thing about the machine is that it's hard sometimes to get the electrodes straight and parallel when I'm putting the clips on. It eats them up, too, sometimes. I'm on the third set in four years and I don't make it very often.
>
> My daughter loves her Silver Puppy. My Colloid Master said to not brew in the light, though, so I was wondering about the warming light with the Silver Puppy. Does light during brewing make a difference?
>
> Pat

Archives: