From: "slickpic...@cox.net" <slickpic...@cox.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Cc: Annie B Smythe <anniebsmy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wed, March 3, 2010 8:07:03 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Take a stand now and reject Mon San To's GMO drive

I spent 4 years in genetics research at a med school and I agree that GMO
concerns are valid based on multiple observed issues; my point was that one
couldn't come to that conclusion simply because they had a negative effect on
mice.

"And it looks to me like that's exactly what these companies are doing and the
US government and others are skipping down that garden path like a bunch of
brainless robots."

Ironically, it was only a year ago that more government control was all the
rage - and still is in some quarters.

TW

---- Annie B Smythe <anniebsmy...@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
It's not just mice, other animals and even insects
have had major problems with GMO crops. Like bees
and other beneficial insects. Go to GM Watch
website and read the reams of research and studies
that have been done.

I've been reading about GMO crops for years and I
believe they're dangerous to the entire food
chain. Not to mention telling farmers when their
crops are contaminated with that junk that they're
infringing on patents. The companies that made
that junk need to be sued for caontaminating other
people's fields. I cannot for the life of me
figure out how a judge can expect a farmer to
control the GMO junk that gets blown into his
fields. It's a miscarriage of justice and allowing
companies to own genes and plants like that is
dangerous to the food security of the entire
world, nit just us. And allowing any company to
control food supplies is obscene and a
Dictatorship in the making. If you can control
food and water you can control whole populations
and countries. And it looks to me like that's
exactly what these companies are doing and the US
government and others are skipping down that
garden path like a bunch of brainless robots.

Annie

Control your destiny or somebody else will.~Jack Welsh

Archives: