> Why does the encapsulation break down if heated?

Think of melting butter or coconut oil, Dee.

The lecithin provides a certain kind of lipid, fat molecules that
happen to form little balls under the right conditions. Above a certain
temperature that structure breaks down.

> I warmed mine slightly in the microwave before adding the lecithin.
> The whole mix has stayed in suspension still today, so I can't see how
> it is not the 70% that Brooks said--even without using the US cleaner.
> I would have thought the cleaner was just to mix the two substances up
> but bow to superior knowledge.

I think the question is if you just mixed the ingredients and
thoroughly dissolved the lecithin *without* either ultrasonic or
blender agitation if you'd see anything different on the gross scale of
looking at it? The lecithin can go into the water and stay dissolved
regardless of whether it's liposomal, I think.

I suspect that the possibility of seeing a meniscus (dividing line)
between, say, the yellow part and left-over unencapsulated ascorbate
solution (clear), would be a better indication that we are doing
something good on the microscopic level than having it stay completely
homogeneous to the naked eye.

I'm saying this because, with the US cleaner I'm using and the
particular brand of lecithin, I've never seen any tendency to separate
out. So either we've been doing it perfectly, or not at all, or
somewhere in between, and I don't yet know how to tell! <grin>

Perhaps Brooks will have some input.

Meanwhile, at least you should know that there's nothing wrong with
taking lecithin or C, regardless of how much might be encapsulated.
It's all good. Some might be better... <smile>

Be well,

Mike D.

Archives: