This is it Mike--how do we know if it is encapsulated?  Mine has stayed all the
one milky colour with no separation that I can see at all.  I am using sodium
ascorbate so whether that has made any difference I don't know.  The little
Bullet sort of blender I'm using is quite fierce, and I only pulse it about six
times.  The one I made today I made without heating the water at all and
although it took much longer for the lecithin to 'melt' it still has had the
same results.  Has anyone had any different ones to this i.e. has anyone had
theirs separating?  Thanks for the info anyway--it is still ok anyhow but it
would be nice to *know!*  dee

On 11 Mar 2010, at 14:22, M. G. Devour wrote:

>> Why does the encapsulation break down if heated?
>
> Think of melting butter or coconut oil, Dee.
>
> The lecithin provides a certain kind of lipid, fat molecules that
> happen to form little balls under the right conditions. Above a certain
> temperature that structure breaks down.
>
>> I warmed mine slightly in the microwave before adding the lecithin.
>> The whole mix has stayed in suspension still today, so I can't see how
>> it is not the 70% that Brooks said--even without using the US cleaner.
>> I would have thought the cleaner was just to mix the two substances up
>> but bow to superior knowledge.

Archives: