Several months ago my 25OH-D level was about 75.  I take 5000 i.u. D3 per day
in addition to smaller amounts in my multivitamin.  I take none on summer days
when I can get 20-30 minutes in the Arizona sun.  I have seen some
recommendations for levels as high as 100, especially if you're dealing with a
serious health concern like fending off cancer.

TW

---- Pat <pattycake29...@yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
I was disappointed today to find out that my 25-hydroxy vitamin D test
showed my vitamin D level to be only 25.  I was so sure it would be high that I
almost didn't request one.  Since last fall I've been taking at
least 1,000 units D3 plus the D3 in my multivitamin and calcium pills.
When the day is warm enough, I go out with a jacket and shorts to get
some sun.  It's been a very cold winter for here, though.

 I'd gotten my level up two years ago from 14 in February to a near ideal 55 in
the summer by taking 2,000 units D3 and then lying in the sun 20 minutes two or
three times a week as soon as weather allowed.

Have any of you had the vitamin D blood test?  I've heard that in the
north in the winter, even if you lie outside naked at noon, you can't
get any vitamin D because of the angle of the sun.  (Plus you'd be a
popsicle!)

Pat

Archives: