Thanks Tom, I'll certainly give this a try. Will make my bought test solution go a lot further.

Cheers, Roger B
NZ

On 20/04/2010, at 12:55 PM, poast wrote:

Hello Roger,

I made 2 calibration solutions.  I first used the supplied calibration
solution to calibrate my meter. Then I mixed my solutions and tested them.
This gives me a primary calibration, and two secondary check points.

I put 1 ml of PH 7 test solution in 499 ml of my tap water. This gives me
123 uS.

I then put 1 ml of PH 7 test solution in 499 ml of distilled water. This
gives me 30 uS.

Since I use PH meters a lot, I have a lot of the test solutions and keep them fresh. I don't know if the conductivity will vary from batch to batch, but I will have to go through a liter of my test solution before I will find
out.

Tom