Hi Jan.  Usually when there is silver laying at the bottom of the jar, that is
silver that scintered off the silver bars too fast, and is therefore too
large-particle to remain suspended in the distilled water.  It could have been
aided by some kind of film on the interior of the jar, or something less than
perfect in the distilled water.

So -- first, I would empty that batch of silver (save it for topical use).
Wipe
the canning jar out with a clean paper towel, rinse with distilled water a
couple of times, wipe with paper towel again.

Then -- set the unit up again and set the dial on 3 instead of 4.  See if you
get better results.  If not, repeat the cleaning process of the jar --
sometimes
it takes awhile to get any films off of the glass.  If the third batch still
has
a lot of silver particles, get another gallon of distilled water -- try a
gallon
from Walgreen.  If after all of that you're still getting a layer of silver,
call Synergenesis and check with them.  It is possible that there's some kind
of
electrical glitch in the generator -- but I would exhaust the other
possibilities first.  Usually it's the container or the water.
MA
P.S.  There's nothing wrong with the clear colloid in the top 3/4 of the jar.
You can carefully pour that off and use it orally if you prefer.