Hi Jan.  There's really no reason to wait 72 hours to test your ppm-level.  The
testers aren't terribly accurate, and you should know what ppm-level you have
right after brewing anyway.  Your ppm-level is likely only going drop a couple
of points, at the #3 setting on your generator.  I think you've gotten a
mis-impression about the importance of the *stabilization period* -- it's
really
just an *interesting thing*, not something to gear your life around.  There's
no
need to buy another generator -- the one you have will make larger batches.
Ask
about that on the ESN list -- several members brew by the gallon.
MA