From: brick...@aol.com [mailto:brick...@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:54 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>re: making your own vitamins

In a message dated 11/16/2010 9:10:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
blacksa...@comcast.net writes:

Alas, remember that any store bought kefir will undoubtedly be pasteurized
-- which in essence (in my opinion) kills just about every healthy thing it

I add probiotics back in pasteurized products. I learned when making wine
one procedure said to kill the yeasts then add back good yeasts or else some
bad ones could dominate and wreck the wine. I make my own sauerkraut and
have to can it in order for it to keep longer than a week. Canning kills the
yeasts. I even add probiotics to ACV instead of paying 500% more for
unpasteurized versions.

Brickey