There is no much actual kefir left in the whey, after separating it. You could use the whole kefir, without separating it, I'm guessing, though it might be hard to rinse out. It is the whey, dripped out, leaving all the thicker creamy particles behind, that is the medicinal aspect. I drain the kefir in a large plastic funnel - the size used for pouring oil into a car. I use two cotton handkerchiefs, or one large cotton/sackcloth kitchen towel folded in four - prefer the handkerchiefs, easier to rinse out. I line the funnel with these, and pour the finished kefir in. After a few hours most of the whey will have dripped out and be useable. Some folks like the cream cheese at that consistency, others gather the draining cloth into a ball and hang it till it reaches the consistency they desire, or even press it for a hard cheese. I never go to all that trouble. We love it as a soft cream cheese, and get plenty of medicinal whey this way. I am guessing you could use it as a body rinse, for skin problems elsewhere - perhaps even just add it to the bathwater and let them have a good soak? Oh, one thing you should be aware of if you try this on the scalp, that as you are first working the whey into the hair, it is good to cover the eyes with a washcloth or something, as the whey can sting if it gets in the eyes. After working it in and rinsing, it leaves hair shiny and soft as well. I don't have scalp problems, but also use this as a hair rinse because it works so well. Sara

On 12/4/2010 3:04 PM, Lisa wrote:
Now this is interesting :o)

So are you taking the kefir, letting it hang and then squeeze it more for
the cheese and using the whey which would then have a lot of the kefir in it
(just not in chunks/yogurt softness stuff -- to put it in some way)? Since
it cleared up his scalp (I'm assuming that since you say you used it as a
hair rinse and not a body rinse) -- why wouldn't it clear up body patches
also?

Brilliant...I wonder if it would help with my kid's eczema?!?!

Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Sara Mandal-Joy [mailto:smjl...@wavewls.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 3:23 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Black Salve&  Psoriasis?

   I healed my son's psoriasis using kefir whey as a hair rinse - I'd
shampoo first (using homemade soap) and rinse well, then pour a quart of
whey diluted with warm water - about a cup of kefir to 3 cups water -
over his hair, rub it in to the scalp.  It took a couple weeks to fully
clear up, but did.  Nothing else I tried, including intensive
prescriptions, worked.   Worth a try.  Kefir is easy to make and to
separate.  The resulting cream cheese is delicious, leaving the whey for
treatment.  Sara

Archives:

Off-Topic discussions:<mailto:silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com>