From: Rusty Moncrief <sinso...@hotmail.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thu, February 3, 2011 1:06:10 AM
Subject: CS>Self-Cleaning Gym Gear

I thought a few members on this list may find the following link and associated
story interesting.  You might even be able to help a few of the people who left
comments after the story about silver.

Enjoy!

Rusty

SilverSport, a brand derived from Eco Product Group, offers a workout towel, a
Pilates roller and a yoga mat with what it calls its Silver Clean Zone. Each
product represents one of those zones by using Terra Silver to eliminate more
than 650 types of surface-borne, odor-causing bacteria.
Thomas Davis, president of Eco Product Group, told Wired.com that nanosilver
particles - up to 20,000 times smaller than the width of a human hair - are to
thank for the equipment's odor-killing prowess.
"The material [in the products] is silver," Davis said. "Silver happens to be a
natural anti-microbial. It fights bacteria naturally."

http://gizmodo.com/5749803/self+cleaning-gym-gear-targets-bacteria-sweat?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher