From: Sara Mandal-Joy <smjl...@wavewls.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thu, September 27, 2012 9:48:57 AM
Subject: CS>Re: Sugar was // Re: bladder,

Many health food stores don't bother to carry the green/brown leaves     or
powder.  It has a licorice taste, and is harder to use in     cooking/baking,
though it is often a perfect addition to a cup of     tea.  I get mine from
vitaglo, NOW brand.  Fairly inexpensive,     certainly so compared to the cost
of the processed stuff.   I'm sure     you can get it bulk as well from a
variety of herbal folks online.      Important thing is you're looking for
something described as brown     and/or green, and speaks of the leaves or
powdered leaves, rather     than "extract".  And for those looking for the
white/processed     extract, make SURE it is pure stevia, or at least that you
are     comfortable with the other ingredients.   Some folks use erythritol
(an alcohol sugar, used in any amount will give you the runs); most     use
maltodextrin - which to me is a poison.    particularly if the     brand of
"stevia" you are using says it is measures like sugar, you     are looking at
something that is only slightly stevia.  Pure     processed stevia extract has
sugar equivalency of one teaspoon     stevia= one cup of sugar.   Sara

What's a good source of the "real stevia"?