I shall try to answer the question of the use of spring or distilled water.
Distilled water has no dissolved minerals. It is just water and nothing else.
The conductivity of distilled is very low. Spring water has dissolved minerals,
some fluoride but not much (true spring water, not the tap water they bottle
and sell to you as spring water.) The conductivity of spring water is high.
When the conductivity is high the formation of silver colloids is very fast and
the particles are big. Big silver particles are not as effective as small ones.
Small particles can go deeper in the body system. This is why when you use tap
or spring water you see the immediate formation of the white/grey cloud in the
water, whereas when you use distilled the cloud form very slowly and it is not
even white or grey. When the silver particles are very small they reflect light
in a different way, which is why the thin cloud you see with pure distilled
water is of a gold, or light
 brown color.
So don't use spring water. It contains dissolved salts which may react with the
silver, and the particles formed are too large. Use distilled water. You can
also use reverse osmosis water. This process produces water with almost no
dissolved salts.
Rain water is like distilled water. But as the rain passes through the air it
takes with it dust and smog. And you have to consider whether the surface it
falls upon is clean enough. I have used snow (I live in Toronto) but it was not
clean. I guess that in the countryside the snow may be cleaner and has less
dissolved particles.
By the way the faster you achieve a high concentration is not a good sign at
all for the reasons mentioned above. This means that your water has dissolved
minerals and your water conductivity is high. With good distilled water it
takes about 20-30 minutes to get good CS. The color will be slightly golden
with a bitter aftertaste.
BTW the fluoride the USA and Canada use to make sick idiots of their people
does not come from China, but from your own nuclear industry. Sodium
hexafluoride is the same, whether produced in USA or China.