Wayne, please clarify on your comment that CS is not a medicine.

  That was Dean that said that, not me.

Is this merely samantics? I took some for a bad cough of 2
months' duration (probably mold/fungus kinda thing) and I was
cured within 3 hours.

   Of course, I have heard similar statements many times.

Surely that was used medicinally.
Isn't the purpose the deciding factor?
It can be a preventive, a cleanser, a biocide, a medicine,
a supplement ...etc.

   Seems one of the old proverbs, states.....

One mans medicine is another mans poison.  or...... similar.

What about this one.

"Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." Hippocrates

I consider water a medicine, and virtually everything else I eat.

Wayne