----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Berger" <bober...@swbell.net>
To: "Nenah Sylver" <ne...@bestweb.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Ph of Distilled water?

> Hi Nenah,
>
> With all due respects to your education, the fact is that what is being sold
as
> distilled water does not have a pH of 7 !!!
>
> PURE water is very aggressive and is not called the universal solvent without
> reason.
>
> "Ole Bob"

Bob,
There is no argument between us. Please hear what I am saying. I think this is
important enough to post to the list; I hope you don't mind (even though you
courteously sent me this message privately).

By definition, if something marketed as "distilled" water has a pH of either
higher or lower than 7.0, it is no longer distilled, or pure -- that is,
containing SOLELY hydrogen or oxygen. Any pH of higher or lower than 7.0 means
that the water has *something else* in it. The moment water containing solely
hydrogen and oxygen leaches something into it, it is no longer distilled. This
is not something I am making up; it's simply the definition of distilled water.

It is very easy for DW to lose its "distilled" status precisely *because* it
does such a good job of leaching out things from its environment. If water is
called the "universal solvent" (which I already know) -- and for a good
reason -- consider how much of a solvent DISTILLED water can be. Distilled
water, which does not exist in nature, can be an even more aggressive solvent:
the moment DW touches something, it will dissolve something into itself -- in
many instances even more aggressively than non-distilled water -- in an effort
to balance itself by bringing dissolved sediments, minerals, etc. into itself.

It is difficult to obtain genuine, pure distilled water precisely *because* the
moment the DW touches something, it will begin to either interact with its
container (leaching out plastic, for instance), or the air (leaching out carbon
dioxide, thus making the water undesirably acidic if you're using it for
drinking).

It is fortunate indeed that water with a 5.5 pH (which is *incorrectly* marketed
as "distilled," even though it may have been distilled *before* being poured
into its plastic container) has been found by many people to be good for making
colloidal silver. However, it is a problem for ME. I know how harmful it can be
to drink acidic water.

The drinking of acidic water will have to be balanced against the benefits of
using colloidal silver. I am not at all making a case against CS -- I have seen
the tremendous benefits of CS. What I am commenting on is the use of
*excessively* acidic water to make CS. I did not drink my last batch of CS for a
reason; and I think that reason was because my intuition was telling me that
that particular batch of CS was too acidic for either me or my animals to drink.
In other words, it is possible for the microbe-killing abilities of the CS to be
outweighed by the ability of acidic water to harm the system.

My education about distilled water is sound, and I stand behind it. For my
research on distilled water that I included in my Rife Handbook, I enlisted the
help of chemist Dr. Dick Wullaert, head of the Functional Water Society with
years of experience in water, minerals, water electrolysis, and more. Dick has
worked with top scientists all over the world developing various electrolyzed
and so-called "clustered" waters. I trust Dick's experience and research. I do
not make this post lightly and am not villifying anyone for using acidic water
to make CS. Rather, I am stating my *own* preference to obtain distilled water
in as pure state as possible, due to the numerous serious problems that arise
when people drink acidic water.

I encourage you or anyone else to read the excerpt on water and minerals from my
Rife Handbook. To learn more about pH and the body, click the "Products" link,
then "Inner Light," and then the article called "Why You Need To Detoxify Your
System."

I would still love to find a good source of distilled water that is as close to
a pH or 7.0 as possible, as I miss not having colloidal silver to use against
infections. I welcome all suggestions, especially about who sells the best
distiller.

Best regards,
Nenah

Nenah Sylver, Ph.D.
Products, services, and information about health
Author (under the name "Nina Silver") of
*The Handbook of Rife Frequency Healing*
Order the book and read excerpts at
http://www.nenahsylver.com/