I have to agree with you re. the Mac. My wife and I have each owned one or
other of these machines for over twenty years and regularly clock up over
200 hours a month on the net. So far we've never seen a virus and from what
I read I never want too either. Come to think of it we've never had one of
our machines crash but have used up a couple of modems.

Cheers,  Roger
http://lbarker.orcon.net.nz/index1.html

Dell computers are a VERY poor choice. If you would like more
information email me at gmccu...@granitepoint.net or
gp_t...@earthlink.net

We own a computer consulting firm and my husband has 15 years industry
experience with Fortune 100 companies.

Bottom line on Dells their support sux, it takes three weeks to get any
repairs regardless of what they say. You can not trust what components
they use. They use what ever is cheapest that week.

We can steer you in much more reliable direction but I don't want to
clutter the list.

www.monarch.com is a good source for PCs

Or look at the eMac or iMac for a secure system that does not require
virus protection because it is Unix base. Macs are a bit pricier but
when you see the inside and experience the difference you will never
look back. This coming from a dyed in the wool PC users of the past 15
years, who even builds his own shuttle case PCs.

Garnet
www.granitepoint.net