Thanks for this advice. I'll look into what's available locally.

Cheers,  Roger
http://lbarker.orcon.net.nz/index1.html

on 13/11/2004 12:24 PM, Garnet at garnetri...@earthlink.net wrote:

Put a battery back up on each of your machines and your modems will last
longer. They get it from lightening strikes through the phone lines, if
you are on dial up and could come through a cable modem as well. The
battery back up delays the surge long enough for the unit to shut off
power to the computer. Surge protectors are not fast enough to beat
lightening, they will prevent line surges though.

We buy APC Battery Backups from Comp USA. $200 for retail, $160 to
businesses.

Garnet
www.granitepoint.net
Computer Consulting