At 9:38 AM -0500 10/15/03, Jon S Berndt wrote:
>Hi, Bruce:
>
>Check out the FlightGear (www.flightgear.org) project for one example ("easyXML") and
>perhaps ask a question on their developer list (or I can do that). For JSBSim, I
>wrote a very limited parser in C++ that I use, but I've been wanting to evolve into
>using a more capable parser - a *real* one.  Of course, for my project I need to
>consider open source projects. There are two (as I recall): TinyXML, and eXpat - both
>on the SourceForge web site:
>
>http://tinyxml.sf.net
>http://expat.sf.net (see the C++ wrappers links)
>
>Good luck,
>
>Jon

Thanks, Jon, Brent, Riley & Jeremy. I'd been eyeing Xerces-C++ but was not aware of
the 16-bit (UNICODE, I guess) character representation. I might stick with it anyway
since it seems like the right choice (open source, well-supported, and popular).

I've been using Xerces-J for a Java XML application, and am well satisfied with it; I
wanted to see if maybe I was missing a better solution.

I'll look into the other suggestions (expat, easyXML, tinyXML, and SAXinCPP) but
suspect MSXML is a Windows-only solution?

Thanks again for the rapid response!

--Bruce