Hi Richard,

Let me go back to start of this dialogue...

Ben Goertzel wrote:
Loosemore wrote:
> The motivational system of some types of AI (the types you would
> classify as tainted by complexity) can be made so reliable that the
> likelihood of them becoming unfriendly would be similar to the
> likelihood of the molecules of an Ideal Gas suddenly deciding to split
> into two groups and head for opposite ends of their container.

Wow!  This is a verrrry strong hypothesis....  I really doubt this
kind of certainty is possible for any AI with radically increasing
intelligence ... let alone a complex-system-type AI with highly
indeterminate internals...

I don't expect you to have a proof for this assertion, but do you have
an argument at all?

Your subsequent responses have shown that you do have an argument, but
not anything close to a proof.

And, your argument has not convinced me, so far.  Parts of it seem
vague to me, but based on my limited understanding of your argument, I
am far from convinced that AI systems of the type you describe, under
conditions of radically improving intelligence, "can be made so
reliable that the likelihood of them becoming unfriendly would be
similar to the likelihood of the molecules of an Ideal Gas suddenly
deciding to split into two groups and head for opposite ends of their
container."

At this point, my judgment is that carrying on this dialogue further
is not the best expenditure of my time.  Your emails are long and
complex mixtures of vague and precise statements, and it takes a long
time for me to read them and respond to them with even a moderate
level of care.

I remain interested in your ideas and if you write a paper or book on
your ideas I will read it as my schedule permits.  But I will now opt
out of this email thread.

Thanks,
Ben