Olivier,

Thanks for applying this patch set.  I hope that things like the options
table will allow more error checking and consistency to creep into the code
over time.  One question that I had about the XML parser is if there is a
way to iterate over the attributes in an element?  I didn't see one, but
wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.  It would be nice to be
able to have a simple syntax checker that makes sure there aren't any extra
misspelled attributes (e.g., I added a repeat_rtd attribute, but inverted
it to rtd_repeat while testing).

I posted a new patch set this morning (but it has not yet appeared on the
list) against 12/19, please ignore that patch set and instead use this one
which is against the 12/20 release.

The usersoption.diff patch actually fixes a bug in the original set that I
sent against the 12/8 release, in which I forgot to include the -users
option in the table because it was not included in the help message.

- makefile.diff
      Include an "EXTRAENDLIBS" keyword so that libraries can be appended to
      the list after SSL.
      Fail when parsing a scenario that enables authentication if SSL is not
      enabled.
- pcapcheck.diff
      Fail when parsing a scenario that has pcap if pcap is not enabled.
      For options that take a time allow them to be specified using seconds
      or milliseconds.  This lets you have more precise statistics intervals,
      or just a more convenient way to specify times.
      Use the stat_delimiter for the trace_rtt option, and also include the
      number that is being reported.  Finally, if a scenario loops back on
      itself you can enable repeated RTD calculations with the "repeat_rtd"
      XML element.
      Add the -users option to the table.

Charles

(See attached file: sipp-patches-2006-12-20-ibm1.tar.gz)

Olivier Jacques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/20/2006 10:55:37 AM:
patches to the 2006-12-08 release.

http://sipp.sourceforge.net/snapshots/sipp.2006-12-20.tar.gz