On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Shamik Mukhopadhyay -X (shmukhop - WIPRO
at Cisco) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> Does that mean that using 3.1 - we can not increment an integer value in
> sipp script ? If not, please provide me pointer.

Hi,
v. 3.1 will work but it must be the version from the svn repo.
Do the following (or the equivalent to your distro):

Ensure OpenSSL development headers and libs are installed:
  yum install openssl-devel.i386
Pick source from svn repo:
  svn co https://sipp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sipp sipp
Go to source folder:
  cd sipp/sipp/trunk
Build:
  make pcapplay_ossl

To increment the CSeq, I use this (sorry, maybe it could be shorter, but
that's what I was able to come up with):

  <nop>
    <action>
      <assign assign_to="1" value="0" />
    </action>
  </nop>

  <label id="1" />

  <nop>
    <action>
      <add assign_to="1" value="1" />
      <assignstr assign_to="2" value="[$1]" />
      <ereg regexp="[0-9]+" search_in="var" variable="2" assign_to="2"
check_it="true" />
    </action>
  </nop>

<send retrans="500">

    <![CDATA[

REGISTER sip:[field1] SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/[transport] [local_ip]:[local_port];rport;branch=[branch]