OK, thank you for your information.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------
Sun jing(孙靖)
IBM China Software Development Laboratory
Tel: (86-10) 82782244 ext.3625   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Address:8/F, Power Creative Building,No. 1, East Road,  ShangDi, Beijing
100085, P.R.China.

             Andrea Righi
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             t>                                                         To
                                       Jing CDL Sun/China/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                       sisuite-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: About systemimager-i386boot
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         package

Hi Jing,

sorry, but I'm a bit in late with emails... as you said
systemimager-i386boot package is always needed on the image
server for boel_binaries. In fact the same binaries are used both if you
choose the UYOK or BOEL options, but this is not a problem, because
binaries are (should be) always portable on different kernels (at least
for linux).

Regards,
-Andrea

Jing CDL Sun wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> I have a question about systemimager-i386boot package, as I know, this
> package is used to install machines with BOEL;
> but if I used my own kernel, I mean that I get a image from a golden
> client.
> then is it necessary to install the systemimager-i386boot package on the
> image server?
>
> As my practice, I found that my target node still fetched the
> boel_binaries.tar.gz from the image server, though it
> would ues the images from golden client to install the target node(by
> SCRIPTNAME is set in console parameters).
> So I think the systemimager-i386boot package is needed whether you want
> to use BOEL or UYOK, is it right?
> or I still to do some configuration?
>
> thank you.

GIF image