Hi Andrew:

Regarding your post to sisuite-users:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sisuite-users%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg03783.html

The issue is that perl-XML-Simple requires either perl-XML-SAX or
perl-XML-Parser.  With RPM, it is not possible to specify an "or"
dependency, therefore I guess the packager did not put in any
dependency for perl-XML-Simple and leave it as an exercise to the user
to figure this out.

However, for SystemImager packaging, we could potentially force the
user to use say perl-XML-Parser, and hardcode that dependency in the
RPM spec file.

We also use perl-XML-Parser to fulfill this dependency in the OSCAR project.

What do other developers think?

Cheers,

Bernard