Erich Focht wrote:
> Hi Bernard,
>
> I managed to update the systemconfigurator package in the svn.systemimager.org
> repository. Could you please try it?
>
> There is one significant change which touches the systemimager integration:
> in order to ease the updating and avoid conflicts between the names, I added
> /usr/bin/scconf-tool to systemconfigurator. This won't conflict with
> /usr/bin/scconf_tool which is right now coming with sin-oscar. As I didn't
> like the name asymmetry (scconf-tool and scconf_bootinfo, I also renamed the
> later one to scconf-bootinfo. scconf-bootinfo is rewritten (to perl) and adds
> /boot/ to the kernel or initrd names which are no absolute paths.
>
> I changed the systemimager integration accordingly.
>
> Best regards,
> Erich

Hi Erich,

I tested the new systemconfigurator and kexec stuff with suse 10.0, but
I've found a couple of problems.

First issue is that I have to manually create the file
/etc/systemconfig/systemconfig.conf in my image, I'm not using the
OSCAR-way to create images (via systeminstaller), I'm just using the
"standard" way of using systemimager, cloning the image from a golden
client. But this is not a critical problem, I'm trying to write a simple
UYOK-based script to automatically generate the file with the
appropriate kernel, initrd and append string. This script will be used
by si_prepareclient.

Anyway here is my systemconfig.conf file:

-----------------------------
[BOOT]
ROOTDEV = /dev/systemvg/rootlv
BOOTDEV = /dev/hda
DEFAULTBOOT = linux

[KERNEL0]
LABEL = linux
PATH = /boot/vmlinuz
INITRD = /boot/initrd

The SC problem is that it's not able to detect the correct initrd to use
for the reboot (via scconf-bootinfo). It says:
/boot/sc-initrd-2.6.13-15-default.gz but that's wrong. Do you know how
to fix this?

Another issue is that systemconfigurator seems to be more slow now,
respect to the versions before r666 (trunk). Where's the bottleneck? do
you have an idea?

Thanks,
-Andrea