Site of the Day for Tuesday, December 25, 2001

        The Wassail Page - Christmas Day

"I have created these pages to aid in my yearly celebration of a festive
Wassail and to spread the "good news" of these customs. We hold this event
the weekend or so before Christmas when all can gather- in any case - Mid
December or so. We do it a second time to wave good bye to Christmas on
January 6: Epiphany.  We do this to give our credit cards a rest, get away
from the malls and shops, and search, seek out and find the true
celebration. Perhaps we should call this a Credit Card Wassail! and dip
them in the drink to give us luck in paying them off in the next year!  We
also seek the true revelry and rant so absent from modern celebration. We
seek an older time when the human spirit shouted for joy in the winter
creating a festive gift which could not be purchased and could hardly be
wrapped." - from the website

Conjure up your own version of the Wassail tradition with the assistance of
the extensive resources from this spirited website. With food and drink
recipes suitable for the occasion, along with a repertoire of traditional
songs, as well information on every conceivable element needed for your own
Wassail, this jolly website is a huge repository of material.

Stroll your way to the site for a view of a tradition worth rekindling.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5567/wassail.html

The List wishes all its gentle members a happy Christmas season.

        A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
SotD Ashlists archives -
http://www.mail-archive.com/site-of-the-day@ashlists.org/