Mike Oliver wrote:
#1 I believe it is less than desireable to require jars to be moved out of the webapp and into Tomcat's commons for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the compatibility of other webapps and classpath problems (with other webapps on that same Tomcat) you introduce by putting Slide jars in Tomcat commons. The WEB-INF/lib is the more desireable place for the Slide jars including Slide-Admin (IMHO).

It is not required to move jars. You can just deploy the war. Done this with Tomcat and Weblogic and it actually works. But when you want to integrate Slide more tightly, e.g. to make the container use Slide autehtication, a web application it not enough. Mainly for class loader issues certains Slide classes must be put into the path for the kernel class loader. So, it's the other way round: class loader problems are the reason for moving jars around. As this class loader scenario seen in Tomcat and all other containers I know makes a lot of sense - even if it bothers us in this special case - there is no way to get rid of jar moving for tight integration.

Oliver