Alan Wood wrote:

Hi Guys

I got a weird one here, for some reason when one of our clients looks into their webdav folder (using add a network place on Windows XP) They see the folder itself as a folder in its root listing!! For every folder the go into they see the folder they are in as well as its contents!! Its like facing mirrors going into the infinite. It only happens with their two XP systems, its ok with their Macs and regular browser views, and its ok when i look at it here from my test XP system!!

Has anyone else experienced this issue before??

Maybe this one...:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html#issue-folder-mismatch>

Excelent Julian, spot on thank you
it was : 'folder-mismatch'
'When specifying port 80 explicitly in the URL (rather than letting the default apply), the webfolder fails to detect the entry for the parent collection from the PROPFIND/Depth:1 response body, displaying it as additional child collection.'
from the link you gave.

I changed the port from 80 to 8580 and bingo it works.
The reason i use port 80 is because its a public service and port 80 gives me the least firewall issues with customers!!

*Note*
I also tell customers to enter the full URL including port into the address when they are adding a web folder (even though 80 is default of course) this prevents Microsoft's intefering user/login management automatically adding domain information to the user name!! Weird but true!!

So now i really have a dilema if i wish to use port 80 (but dont specify port in the url) the user can't enter the username as windows interferes!! Has anyone found another way around this, forgive me I am not a Windows expert.
How does one prevent windows (XP and 2000) from automatically converting login usernames to domain qualified ones?

e.g. when adding a web folder using the wizard one enters the userName 'fred' and password 'fredspassword' then windows converts this into '[EMAIL PROTECTED]/files' for instance.

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]