Hi,

On Feb 16, 2008 2:20 PM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 15.02.2008, 18:36 +0200 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> > How about allowing a sling:config child node that could be added to
> > any node and could contain script and servlet mappings and other
> > configuration settings that would apply only to that subtree? This
> > would solve both this and the multiple domain issue from the other
> > thread.
>
> This is definitely a better proposal than just depend on more or less
> accidental location of the resource. But if such a sling:config setup
> would influence any node below that node with the sling:config, this
> might have a dramatic influence on performance because on each request,
> we have to go up the tree looking for such a node... (ok, we could
> cache, but then we would have to manage that cache...)

The repository implementation should generally already do a pretty
good job of caching the parent nodes, and you in any case need to walk
down the tree when mapping the URL to a resource. I'd collect any such
configuration information as a part of the URL mapping process, where
the overhead should be minimal.

BR,

Jukka Zitting