We use these rules in our Postfix header_checks to block all mail dated in a
previous year.  Maybe sniffer could do something similar.

/^Date: .* 200[0-3]/ REJECT ACL header_pastdate_1
/^Date: .* 19[0-9][0-9]/ REJECT ACL header_pastdate_2

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Madscientist
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sniffer] rule idea

At 12:41 PM 2/17/2004, you wrote:
>At one time we had floated the idea of a rule that would mark any email
>that was more than 24-48 hrs ahead or behind the actual current time and
>date as spam.  I just got two "You've been invited to a blind date"
>messages that were dated last summer.  99.9% of these off date messages
>are spam, and anyone real who has there date that far off should fix it.
>
>Would it be hard to add such a rule to sniffer?

Sniffer is very good at matching patters. The current engine doesn't do any
live parametric analysis yet. That makes this kind of test difficult to
add. There are plans to add parametric features at a later date. This is
one we might keep on the list - perhaps as a weighted test.

_M

Pete McNeil (Madscientist)
President, MicroNeil Research Corporation.
Chief SortMonster, www.SortMonster.com.
Vox 703-406-2016, Fax 703-406-2017

This E-Mail came from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list. For
information and (un)subscription instructions go to

This E-Mail came from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list. For information and