On Wednesday 03 March 2004 11:44, Madscientist wrote:
> Hello Sniffer Folks,
>
> Just wanted you to know we have at least 3 new rules for variations on
> Bagle J and other worms and we will continue to develop rules where that is
> practical without creating false positives.
>
> All of the rules we are creating currently concentrate on messages with
> .zip extensions.
>
> We have adopted the current policy at least for the short term:
>
> 1 ) We block all potentially hazardous extensions including .zip.

The first paragraph and rule 1) seem to somewhat contradict? So, if I upload
the new ruleset Sniffer will start blocking ALL zip files? I know Beagle is a
pain in the ass, but I would think that's a little extreme, especially as
we've trained our customers that zip files are okay..plus a zip file is a 2
step process, unlike the pifs, exes, etc... in the world. If you get a sig
that blocks most Beagle and other zip file viri that would be cool, but
blocking all zip files?

My .02.

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Oh bother!" said the Borg, as they assimilated Pooh.
        --Unknown