Pete,

Although inconclusive, some screen caps of Task Manager seems to show a dramatic reduction in many of the peaks with the service turned on. It's hard to tell the exact impact due to the virus scanners not always being called, and SKIPIFWEIGHT settings disabling a mountain of custom Declude filters which both are processor hogs, but the smaller peaks. I believe the following before and after screen caps are representative of the impact (I looked for similar E-mail hit frequencies):

   Before
   http://www.mailpure.com/no_service.gif

   After (with service)
   http://www.mailpure.com/service.gif

The real test will have to wait for rush hour though.

Thanks,

Matt

Pete McNeil wrote:

The service definition takes care of the persistence. Your Declude config should not be changed.

_M