I've been getting the error message below for the past two weeks.  I get
it for both smtp32.exe and imail1.exe

Application popup: smtp32.exe - Application Error : The application
failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the
application.

I did a search on ipswith's kb and I found the following:

Microsoft resource (which will  cause "0xC0000142" pop-ups for each
E-mail that is received afterwards, until the server crashes). For
further details, see: http://www.declude.com/dq.htm under the heading,
Flaw #1 - Server crashing: Microsoft's Mystery Heap.

I changed the number of delivery threads from 60 to 30 yesterday but I
had the same problem this morning.  Before making this change the cpu
utilization was about 100% most of the time. After the change it
decreased to 60%-70%.

I noticed that this started happening when I installed message sniffer
so today I disabled message sniffer and now the cpu utilization stays
below 50% but a few times the queue manager makes it spike to 90%.

Is there a way to use message sniffer without having this problem?