Hi Keith,

It's pretty straightforward:

A) Download the Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit utilities.
B) Locate the path to srvany.exe.
C) run:
   instsrv Sniffer c:\path-to-resource-kit\srvany.exe

   "Sniffer" is just the name that will appear in the services applet later

D) Start RegEedit and add the following entries to the new "Sniffer" service
you just created:

Add a new Parameters subkey in the following registry location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sniffer

Add new subkeys to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sniffer\Parameters

as follows:

Application: REG_SZ: C:\Your.Path.to.your\sniffer-license-code.exe
AppParameters: REG_SZ: sniffer-license-code.exe your-authorization-code
AppDirectory: REG_SZ: C:\Your.Path.to.sniffer\

E) Start the "Service" Control Panel application, and START the service.
Soon, you should see a *.Persistant.stat file in your sniffer folder.  Once
that appears, you are running in persistent mode.

F) Change the "Service" from manual start to automatic start.

Other list-members seem to have different ways to use SRVANY.exe - I
followed the instructions from the Resource Kit Tool Help that I was able to
find.

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)