I've submitted about 45 so far this morning.  I normally submit at most a
half dozen each morning.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darrell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sniffer@SortMonster.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [sniffer] Rash of false positives

I too have had to submit a lot more false positives lately.  I also second
that false positive processing seems to be a lot slower than previously.

Darrell
Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude,
mxGuard, And Imail.  IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, SURBL/URI
integration, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.

Scott Fisher writes:

> I don't know if I would call it a rash, but over the last week, I've
submitted about 30 false positives. That's far more than average.
> I've developed a feeling that Message Sniffer has become "too tight".

our time just to keep up with it at the moment.  If something isn't done
soon, we're going to have to disable sniffer.

>   Darin.

check the 9000 messages that were blocked by Sniffer last night, but I'll
let you know if we experienced the same thing.

>   Michael Stein
>   Computer House
>   www.computerhouse.com

the usual number of Sniffer false positives this morning.  They are across
the board, so it's not just one rule that's catching them, or a particular
set of senders or receivers.

>     Hopefully you can get it under control soon.
>
>     It would also be extremely helpful if you could speed up the false
positive processing.  Lately it seems to take 2-4 days for the rules to be
adjusted, which usually means more of the same are caught and submitted over
that time.  I believe speeding up that process would result in fewer to
process all around.