From: Darin Cox
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:45 AM
Subject: [sniffer] Rash of false positives

Hi Pete,

What's going on over there?  We had somewhere between 5 and 10 times the usual number of Sniffer false positives this morning.  They are across the board, so it's not just one rule that's catching them, or a particular set of senders or receivers.

Hopefully you can get it under control soon.

It would also be extremely helpful if you could speed up the false positive processing.  Lately it seems to take 2-4 days for the rules to be adjusted, which usually means more of the same are caught and submitted over that time.  I believe speeding up that process would result in fewer to process all around.

Thanks,

Darin.