On Thursday, November 10, 2005, 11:45:48 AM, Peer-to-Peer wrote:

PtPS> _M,

PtPS> <<_M said>> will create a "default" installation that emits headers and
puts
PtPS> a .cf file in place for SA to interpret them.

PtPS> Not sure if this is relevant to your thought process, but we feel that SA
PtPS> (SpamAssassin) does more harm than good.  Under moderate loads it
bogs-down
PtPS> MDaemon so we always have SA disabled.  Sniffer is by far superior in
every
PtPS> category, (accuracy, speed, dependability etc...) so there's no need to
use
PtPS> SpamAssassin.

PtPS> My point: Keep in mind that some of us use sniffer independently (not tied
PtPS> to SA).  We're using sniffers .cfg plug-in for MD ver 8.
PtPS> I assume you will, and I probably misunderstood your post, but just wanted
PtPS> to mention this out-loud.

Thanks for this! I think it's the first time I've heard it said out
loud from anyone involved with MDaemon. As a result I'm operating
under the assumption that folks who install SNF on MDaemon _most
likely_ have SA running and so that would be the simplest default
installation.

Is that true (do you think) or is it now more likely that SA would be
disabled?

In any case, the installer is intended for someone who just wants to
push the button and have it work. In that context, what is the best
"default install"?

All that said, once the installation is complete, a technically savvy
person could reconfigure SNF to and MDaemon to work in any way they
prefer. We're definitely not going to do anything to make that more
difficult.