Hi,

I sort of tried something like that that as well but my cut command went wild. I ended up with a list of spoolfilenames (rulespool.log), without the D/Q, but each line ending with 0D0D0A (CRCRLF) sequence. :-( The ruleD.log file was ok.

grep "rulenum" snfXXXX.log > rule.log
grep "Final" rule.log > rulef.log
cut -f 3 rulef.log > ruleD.log
cut -b2- ruleD.log > rulespool.log

After some manual editing I ran a smal batchfile to move all files into the spam old direcory and do a manual review. I had only a few dozen hits that were held.
-------<quote>---------------------
@echo off
Set SpamDir=C:\IMail\Spool\Spam
Set SpamHold=C:\IMail\Spool\Spam\Hold