They do, but you have to both specify that email for your domains only comes from your mail servers AND use a test in your spam filtering that checks SPF and pushes fails over your hold limit.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:07 PM
Subject: Re: [sniffer]Numeric spam

I thought that having an SPF record would prevent a spammer from forging your domain name, but our SPF record did not seem to help with these odd numeric E-mails which appear to be coming from our own domain.

Does anyone have any info about SPF records and if they really work to combat this type of junkmail?

Michael Stein
Computer House