Richard Stupek wrote:

It won't nullify it, but it will balance it off.

 Should I post 2 bad events for each mail that is caught after sniffer?

That may actually work against you because each event increases the confidence figure. One of the surprises we discovered as we began deploying GBUdb was that some legitimate sources can produce spam at rates well above 85%!! In order to avoid false positives our conservative settings have to be extremely high. They can be adjusted by each system administrator but this is not commonly done (yet) as far as I know.

http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/technology/GBUdb/referenceSettings.jsp

We have researched this "even rewrite" scenario and have discussed creating "flip" and "flop" events to switch good events to bad and bad events to good respectively.

In the mean time you can simulate that functionality by using the test and set functions.

Test the IP to get the good and bad count data. Then calculate the values you want to see by subtracting a point from the good event count and adding a point to the bad count. Then set the counts for the IP with the new values.

http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/software/snfClient/commandLine.jsp#performIPTesting

http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/software/snfClient/commandLine.jsp#updateGBUdb

Best,