Andy Schmidt wrote:
Hm - seems that I may have commented out WGET and have been using CURL even
with the new version (because of date mismatches).

So - maybe the enclosed will help.

It SEEMS as if my /rulebase/ folder has been updated at least twice since
8:30 AM this morning...
That may be quite normal actually.

A couple of things:

Thing 1: There is a subtle bug in the update-script engine that causes the script to be called multiple times in some cases. Normally this is harmless. The script should check to see if there is a new rulebase file and should abort if the file is up to date.

Thing 2: Update pacing is now set to 55 minutes which means that wherever possible a new rulebase will be produced about once per hour depending upon how much activity there is.

Recent upgrades have made it likely that these frequent updates will happen most of the time -- so under normal circumstances you should expect to see an update about once per hour.

I have the message time as 1050 -- .... 0830 to 1050 is about 2 hours so I would expect 2 updates in that time.