Andy Schmidt wrote:

1 >> checks for a new file from CURL. It also uses the -v (verbose) option with CURL and captures it's output to the getRulebase.txt file for reporting. If there is an error then the details will be seen. <<

I'm glad to see that (after a few tries), your script finally looks like the one I had sent last September <G>

The benefit for checking the CURL errorlevel:

if %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 goto CLEANUP

is that it gracefully handles incomplete .NEW files that might result from interrupted file transfers. There's no reason for snf2check to "Hick Up" and report on a SNF file, if the download was never successful!

I was under the impression that a broken download in curl would not leave behind a fragment. If it will then we should add that line and perhaps some supporting report text.

2. Agreed on complexity. Just to keep things in perspective - the added two lines below shoe how "complex" the support for dedicated rulebase and work subfolders really is <G>: Nothing changes for clients who don't use subfolders -- nothing changes in the installer!

REM ----- Edit This Section --------

SET SNIFFER_PATH=C:\SNF

*SET RULEBASE_PATH=%SNIFFER_PATH%*

*SET WORKSPACE_PATH=%SNIFFER_PATH%*

But clients who do choose to set up subfolders, would at least be able to use your standard script:

REM ----- Edited to Support Dedicated Subfolders --------

SET SNIFFER_PATH=D:\IMail\declude\SNF

*SET RULEBASE_PATH=%SNIFFER_PATH%**\Rulebase*

*SET WORKSPACE_PATH=%SNIFFER_PATH%\**Workspace*

I'm thinking along those lines also -- but the installer would need to understand this because the expectation is that the installer can handle upgrades and roll-backs. Also, we have some tasks on the list to make SNFServer more aware of alternate paths -- perhaps including a root path mechanism that allows for some sub paths and some arbitrary paths. We'll want to get that nailed down and then observe some preferred practices before we go too far with the installer and update script.

We're also looking at upgrading the update-script mechanism to pass parameters to the update-script directly so that all of the configuration can live in the snf_engine.xml file --- There are a lot of decisions to be made there before that work begins, but once it is done the "standard" update scripts will likely be built to take all of their important parameters from the command line.

---

Thanks for your help!