From: Message Sniffer Community [mailto:snif...@sortmonster.com] On
Behalf Of Pete McNeil
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:08 PM
To: Message Sniffer Community
Subject: [sniffer] Opening truncate.gbudb.net

Hi Sniffer Folks,

We have been testing a blacklist based on real-time GBUdb data
(generated from Message Sniffer).

We have decided to experiment with opening up the blacklist for a wider
audience and so as of now you can use truncate.gbudb.net as an ip4r
test.

You should get a result of 127.0.0.1 if the IP is well into the truncate

range -- That is: truncate.gbudb.net is designed to be
ultra-conservative so that it should be safe to reject connections based

on the test in most cases. This also means that it won't block
everything -- only the worst of the worst. That said, the folks who have

been testing it have reported that it did drop a significant amount of
traffic from their systems on average.

Please keep us all posted about how it's working for you.