First off I am flying a photon II R/E dlg.  No flaps, no camber mode, just simple RE poly...

I am not sure if anyone can help me but I have been flying through thermals.  I have progressed to point where I can tell I just flew through a thermal, and I can circle and fly BACK into the thermal, but I can not figure out how big the thermal is and I can see the plane 'falling' out of the thermal.

Any thoughts on how to gauge the size of a thermal, so I know how tight to turn?  Also any tips on doing thermal turns so that the circles are tight and so I don't stall then speed up, then stall then speed up.

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Jay