Thanks to Chick Hurst.

I agree that distractions only impede reform --
especially reform that would rid our world and
cultures of, (in Chick's words), poverty and
economic, social, and political oppression
and injustice.

So Chick and I are singing off the same sheet
of music and lyrics.  He answers my concerns
that social credit is more about making laissez-
faire work than about using intelligent law to
help make freedom of enterprise more effec-
tive in concrete ways. I think we must examine
mixed economy examples and ad joc solutions
to arrive a a dynamic platform ready to learn
from experience. Povery, pollution and injustice
are the enemy.

On the Jewish experience over the past 5000
years -- we must remember Egypt, Babylonia,
Syria, Rome, the early Christian Jews, the
Jews before the middle ages and during that
dark age, and Jews around the world since the
enlightenment. Jews have been as varied as
everyman.   If anyone seriously blames the
Jews, per se, for anything, he is my enemy
along with every enemy of America and my
President.  I hesitate to get too deeply into
this -- we all have our hot buttons. -- and this
is not the discussion forum to exercise them:
Blaming Jews is one of mine.  Disrespecting
President Bush is another.

John Gelles