From: Chick Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SOCIAL CREDIT] Policy of a Philosophy
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:05:57 -0700

Chick,

You say that you believe in democracy. Could you expand on what you mean by
democracy. C.H. Douglas believed that true democracy was economic (have you
read the book?). He also stated that ballot-box democracy embodied
Collectivism, Dialectic Materialism, Totalitarianism and Judeo-Masonic
Philosophy and Policy. All of which are incompatible with Social Credit.

Vince
*********************

Vince

Question; Do I learn for the purpose of becoming a robot for the teacher and
the teaching or do I learn for the purpose of becoming a free thinker. "If
you can not learn from your adversary, or those who challenge you, you will
never learn from your friends."

Question: When Galileo looked into the heavens did he have all the answers?
When a theory or an idea is in the embryonic stages does the theoretician
see the eventual evolution of the theory or the foundation, true or
imagined, he/she has based that theory upon?

Until we can accept the fact that Douglas was working with flawed research
material it will be impossible to come to a conclusion on what is
incompatible and what is not. Are we to infer by your statement that Social
Credit can only exist in a dictatorship? If the theory is incompatible with
both democracy and totalitarianism what is it that it is compatible with?

Life, society, human beings and their inter-relationship, their development
and management of their mutual affairs are but a puzzle and I, as a student,
am obliged to learn from the past to help improve the future society for
those who come behind me. I read, I discuss, I learn, I put the pieces of
the puzzles together as they fit today and the foreseeable future.

As I have mentioned on many occasions, I believe in "one citizen one vote"
and the use of Co-operatives whereby the ownership and control is based on
"one member one vote" and the organization keeps the capital circulating in
the local community for the economic betterment of the community where my
family and friends require strength and stability. The process also gives
the people a sense of appreciation in the community, the very human sense of
belonging, accept both the benefits and responsibilities of the community
and as a counter against those who would monopolize it either or both by
economic or political means.

Chick

> You say that you believe in democracy. Could you expand on what you mean
by
> democracy. C.H. Douglas believed that true democracy was economic (have
you
> read the book?). He also stated that ballot-box democracy embodied
> Collectivism, Dialectic Materialism, Totalitarianism and Judeo-Masonic
> Philosophy and Policy. All of which are incompatible with Social Credit.
>
> Vince
>

> >From: Chick Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: [SOCIAL CREDIT] Policy of a Philosophy
> >Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:55:37 -0700
> >
> >The topic of Social Credit being the policy of a Christian philosophy has
> >been mentioned in this discussion group. Comments were made regarding the
> >position of the Roman Catholic Church. I thought I'd add a few quotes to
> >put
> >more of perspective on the whole discussion.
> >
> >"It is an injustice, a grave evil, and a disturbance of right order, for
> >larger and higher organisation to arrogate to itself functions which can
be
> >performed efficiently by smaller and lower bodies. That is a fundamental
> >principle of social philosophy, unshaken and unchangeable and it retains
> >its
> >full truth today. Of its very nature the true aim of all social activity
> >should be to help individual members of the social body, but never to
> >destroy or absorb them."
> >

> >One could be mistaken for thinking the above comment was from C.H.
Douglas.
> >However, it was Pope Pius XI.
> >
> >It comes as no surprise then that Douglas made the following statement in
> >The Development of World Dominion,
> >
> >"We have from time to time expressed the opinion that the Roman Catholic
> >outlook on economics and sociology is the essentially Christian outlook;
> >and
> >that no other Christian body of opinion is so consistent in its official
> >attitude. It is beyond question that the anti-Christian venom of the
> >Communists is focused on Roman Catholicism, and that Protestant bodies,
> >when
> >not used as tools (and even then), merely excite contempt."
> >
> >Douglas also states in The Realistic Position of the Church of England,
> >
> >"It must be insisted that Christianity is either something inherent in
the
> >very warp and woof of the Universe, or it is just a set of interesting
> >opinions, largely discredited, and thus doubtfully on a par with many
other
> >sets of opinions, and having neither more nor less claim to
consideration.
> >The Roman Catholic Church has always recognised this, and has never
wavered
> >in its claims."
> >
> >I hope this will ignite some interesting discussion.
> >

> >==^===============================================
> >

> >I agree with the Pope but I believe in democracy, for the people, by the
> >people, of the people and with the people and the Catholic Church is not
> >democratic. My contention is with the comment about compatibility. If
the
> >Catholic and Protestant Churches were compatible there would not be
> >contention in Ireland, the Netherlands nor throughout history since
Martin
> >Luther and Henry the VIII. Government should be at the level closest to
> >the
> >people but through democracy and the vote and the voter must be respected
> >regardless of the religion of the voter, if they have one.
> >

> >If Protestantism and Catholicism were compatible we would not have
> >segregated school systems. The Essenes, the group from which Christ is
> >reported to have been involved with prior to his crucifixion were not
> >democratic and Christianity was supposed to have started two thousand
years
> >ago and most religious organizations are not democratic, at least not in
> >the
> >sense that we understand democracy and democracy was not welcomed with
open
> >arms by all religions. Democracy, in respect to one citizen one vote is
> >actually quite a recent thing. Does this mean that Christianity or
perhaps
> >religion in general has no real appreciation for democracy?
> >

> >Mao Zedong and Hitler both believed that the government should also be at
> >the level closest to the people but for totally different reasons.
> >

> >One thing is certain and that is that it does seem to be inherent in all
> >humans to have an inclination to spirituality or a belief in something
> >greater than the self.
> >

> >Does it really matter, in the overall scheme of things, whether CH
Douglas