Not that temperature is not the issue, but I will point out that everyone
that is not having problems is running *BSD. Could this be a driver issue
with the particular version of the linux kernel you are running? I am able
to get my full 24 Mbit (3 MB/s) connection and the 5501 doesn't even break a
sweat running FreeBSD 8.1.