Hi,

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, aa...@aa6qn.sytes.net wrote:

> As a TightVNC server. I was looking for the proper Linux kernel graphics
> framebuffer to compile into the kernel to support a virtual vnc
> framebuffer.

You shouldn't need any video card or Linux kernel framebuffer to run a VNC
server. Framebuffer means different things to the kernel and to VNC:

To the kernel, it means an area of memory which is directly mapped onto
the screen, with no acceleration. That requires a graphics card.

To VNC, it means an area of memory where the "virtual screen" is stored.
Nothing written to that screen goes to a video device, unless you make
that happen separately. Otherwise, it's just a virtual screen that you can
connect a client to, and see the virtual contents of.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
Future Business, Cam City FC, Milton Rd, Cambridge, CB4 1UY, UK

with company number 04980791.